Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27, 1944 Thursday

Dearest Honey,

Three big letters came this noon. and I took time off right then to read them all. Best vacation I've had in a long time and I am very glad I took it. Was sorry to hear how much “uncomfortableness” you had last week-end, but thought you sounded very cheerful in spite of them. Mind over matter, I guess. Nice going, Bunny.

Of course I was sad to hear about your mother's sight. It is one of those things that seem as tho they can't be real, but are. She is such a wonderful person that I bet she will take it in her usual wonderful way. We must do everything we can for her, but I don't know as there is much we can do, actually, except admire her. She has about everything I admire in a person, too. We'll be like her when we get old.

Was glad to hear that our “thought-wave” communication is good up at Westmoreland. Was a little worried, because my letters are so short these days that I can hardly hint at all the things I want to tell you. I do think them tho and send them up to you at all times. Little thoughts and big ones, and just attitudes and love and understanding at other times. If you aren't getting these, I was afraid you might forget that they do go on. Then all you would see is what I write to you, and that isn't enough. I love you all the time, Honey, and plan to be around to continue doing so for always plus 6 months. We'll never really be apart.

Yours forever, my Bunny,
Wallace

No comments: