Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1, 1944 Wednesday

Dear Honey,

Will have to make it very short tonite because I have a whole lot of studying to do. This is the first time I have been hurried by course work – usually that comes easily in study period and the hurry is to clean equipment. Now the climax of gunnery is coming there seems to be more studying to do than could normally get done.

Friday we have a four-hour exam on light tank gunnery, and performance tests on all weapons we have had to date – and that is a lot. Next week at Cedar Creek involves only gunnery and has several big tests lined up. Wish me luck.

The notice you sent about Ernie Bedaw’s wedding interested me a lot. He is one of my “proletariat” pals. A good boy, but just didn’t fit with the rest of the people I know. Yes, we should get a little something for Alden and Harriet. Can you look after it?

Got to run now, Honey. Remember I love you a thousand times more than these notes would indicate.

Always yours,
Wallace

No comments: