Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 15, 1944 Wednesday

Dear Marjorie,

I am using my spare minutes to good advantage the last couple of days. Now I’m all ready to go to bed, but have a few minutes before lights go out. I love you, just in case they go off before I expect them to. Very much, Honey.

Today we did map work in the field. Intersection and resection, they call it. For a liberal arts man, I’m getting a broad taste of mechanics and engineering.

Also a Brigadier General reviewed us tonite in a colorful affair with band and a pretty flag for every platoon. I was right up in the front row of our company, beside the flags and strode by the general in a very cocky manner.

Nite – I love you,
Wallace

No comments: