Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Friday, February 22, 2008

February 22, 1944 Tuesday

Hello, Hon,

My, time goes fast. I’m keeping hauling back so as to get everything ready for my big day tomorrow, but minutes slip by and things don’t get done fast enough.

I have still to study for my exams tomorrow and prepare that lesson on War Gases. I finished up my visual aid tonite – a big adjustable poster with names of gases, and insertable strips to put opposite them containing their characteristics. Also will use the gas set to demonstrate the odor of the gases, and a blackboard diagram. High caliber pedagogy except I know very little about gases!

Today I fired our old 75 cannon from the tank turret. It makes the whole tank rock back and forth. The shell is around 30 or more inches long. We fired a lot of rounds each. It is the biggest weapon we get.

Got to run now, Honey,

All my love,
Wallace

No comments: