Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

January 2, 1945 Tuesday

[V-Mail]

Hello my honey,

This is my first V-mail in some time. If it comes first, rest assured there are some air-mails on the way. I was very interested to hear about your job with my father. It can be a pretty good thing both for you and for the finances of our family. Don’t work too hard, tho, Hon. I agree with you that the more we can save now, the better it will be for us when I return. The last two months I have sent some of my excess francs to you. I trust you got them?

My father has mentioned in a letter that he feels as tho he had a daughter in you that he can be very close to. I am so glad you also get on well with him. He is a fine man, one I appreciate more as I get older. And I am sure you will be doing him a great favor in being friendly and close to him. If he can give you a father, you will be more than repaying him by being an understanding daughter. He needs to be understood more than anything else. I hope you two continue to get a mutual appreciation of your relationships.

So you will be going back to school this February? It will seem strange at first, I imagine. Maybe a little immature, since there will be younger people in your classes. Hope you like it, tho, and learn a lot. I love you like the dickens, Bunny. Wish I could kiss you goodnite right now.

All my love,
Wallace

No comments: