Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Thursday, August 16, 2018

January 19, 1945 Friday

France
[V-mail]

Hello, my Honey,

This is your dexterous husband – dexterous because I have found I can do anything without the aid of my plaster-cast left hand, even to tying bow knots – bringing you up to date on my disposition. I have left evac. Hospital no. 11 and am en route to a general hospital. It involves considerable travel, and I am considering a book “Touring France without a Shirt.” I think the only reason I am a litter case is that I have no clothes – even lost my wallet! I enjoy being carried around, tho, feel like an Indian Prince.

I am writing many letters, air mail and regular, so soon you will be in good contact with me again. I love you better than any wife I ever had!

All my love,
Wallace.

No comments: