Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

January 17, 1945 Wednesday

[V-mail]

Good morning, Hon – 

Now I can write you again, and it does seem good. Probably you have been notified by now that my left arm and a mortar fragment had a small meeting engagement. It is the type of wound called a “million dollar hit” – only a flesh wound, nothing broken or anything. It will give me a chance to catch up on my letters to you in some nice hospital, I expect. The shell that knicked me didn’t have my name on it – it was one of those “To whom it may concern” affairs. I will tell you all about it soon, this is to keep you from imagining things. I am not uncomfortable, and it has never once hurt me. Poison ivy is much worse – and I do enjoy this bed!

All my love, wonderful wife,
Wallace

No comments: