Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

March 27, 1945 Tuesday

Original V-Mail sheet [i.e., not micro-filmed]

Dearest Marjorie,

It does seem good to be able to write to you again. And in the next few days I am sure I will be able to write you many things I have wanted to share with you. I will pretend that you are here with me and try to write all the things I would tell you if we were actually together. Of course, if we were together we wouldn’t have to say a great deal at first. I would just want to look at you and hold you in my arms and feel the wonderful “togetherness” we always feel. Then I would say that I love you many times and we would promise again always to share our lives and be one just as completely as we can. That is what we are now and it is the thing that will always become more and more beautiful. I love you forever,

Wallace

No comments: