Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Monday, August 14, 2023

March 26, 1945 Monday

[V-Mail]

Dear folks,

At the risk of boring you with repetition, I must report that a German shell and I have crossed paths again. A puncture wound just above my left knee. It made a small hole thru the mountain of muscle there but missed the bone completely. I am already back in a General Hospital, comfortable as can be. This one is no worse than the last one, but due to its location I am more bed-bound than before. 

Soon I will write and tell you all that has taken place since I last wrote, and that is quite a lot.

I hope that everyone is fine at home and that your spring is as pleasant as it is here. Never saw such fine weather as we’ve had the last couple of weeks.

With love,

Wallace.

No comments: