Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Thursday, August 10, 2023

March 16, 1945 Friday

[V-Mail]


Dear folks, 


Spring has come to France at last. At last we know what they mean by “sunny France.” There is sun in France, yes, your son! I am back at the company now with the same platoon. I live with two nice French people who make real “French fries” for me, and other good things that are a change from our regular concentrated army field rations.


Paris is all they say it is. A very beautiful city with big boulevards and modern buildings. Compares with New York for things to see and do, and is actually better laid out. Don’t know as you’ll have any trouble keeping me down on the farm, however. 


I hope that all is well at home and that this old war will wind up soon.


Yours, with love, 

Wallace.

No comments: