Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Friday, July 29, 2022

February 23, 1945 Friday

France

Dearest Marjorie,

Back to the company today, after a full day of vacation in Nancy. I left the shower bath outfit and got a ride into Nancy. There I got a promise of a ride to division late that night. So I spent the day doing Nancy alone but in our usual method. I visited the University of Nancy with its excellent modern library, the various historic “gates” to the city and Stanislas Place. The last is a square of unusual architectural unity. I’ll try to send you some pictures soon.

Everybody welcomed me back to the company. I have the 2nd platoon again, tho it is very changed. Good set-up here in this town. 

I am thinking of you all the time, Hon, and loving you just as much as always. Even a bit more.

Yours always,

Wallace.

No comments: