Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

February 25, 1945 Sunday

[V-Mail]

France

Dearest Marjorie,

In this village things are very much like they were in Mulcey—I have an extremely nice couple to live with. In an ultra-modern home done in the best French taste. No kidding! They are fine people, educated, and interesting. My actions are routine platoon duties.

How are you tonite? Still happy, I hope and thinking of me as much as I think of you. These clear moonlit spring nights make me think of our junior prom days. Weren’t they the balmy, romantic days? I used to forget to take the tickets to the prom and such, but even so they were exciting.

I hope we can have a home as nice as the one I am in now. It isn’t overdone a bit, but the effect is wonderful. They have a nice radio, but no record-player. We’ll have them beat there! Gee, I love you, Hon, all to pieces.

Yours always,

Wallace.

No comments: