Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Thursday, August 11, 2022

March 6, 1945 Tuesday

[V-Mail]


My dearest Marjorie,


Beaucoups of things have happened since I last wrote! What do you think, Hon? I went to Paris! I am just bubbling over with things to tell you about it. It took 5 days with travel, and I saw just about all the things we have read about in Paris. It was one of those passes like the one I got to London, only this one was longer. Just as soon as I can I am going to write you a big old letter all about it, and send you a pile of pictures and souvenirs. Re-modelling the 2nd platoon takes almost all my time now, including evenings, and I know you realize the importance of that work. It’s a case of not daring to neglect training the new men. The “old men” help a lot but the new ones are so desperately green. The work is extremely urgent and real and difficult to put across. Even so, I think of you and love you always and always.


Wallace

No comments: