Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Thursday, July 21, 2022

February 20, 1945 Tuesday

[V-Mail]

21st General 

France

Dearest Bunny,

I am writing this just before bedtime in order to satisfy an impulse to speak to my wife before I go to sleep. Always do have a few words with you, but tonite I want to be sure you hear me. Maybe you are in New York tonite. Having a good time? Please do, and feel me right near you. Because I am always close to you somehow. That is why I never get lonely as I used to do when I was right at home, but didn’t have you. 


We were right, Hon, about getting married during the war. Glad we made our own decision. Now even the single men look with serious envy at those who are married, and admit they were wrong! I feel very content and sure that I have the very best wife of all. ‘Nite, Hon, I love you very warmly and deerly [sic] – 

W. 

No comments: