Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Saturday, January 7, 2023

 March 9, 1945 Friday

[V-Mail]


Dearest Marjorie, 

Your letters about your New York trip are coming along now, and I guess you got some good foot-training during it. Welcome to the dogfaces! I do hope you had a swell time – sounds like it. Bet it was good for Laura, too. Funny how she’s been so long there and not really seen N.Y. All the places sounded very familiar to me. Even the “red stools” strike a vaguely familiar chord, but a very ancient one! Just how much research have you done on the subject of “red stools”? They are pretty high, and narrow. 

Have faith, Hon, I think I can see a chance to write a letter coming tomorrow, and I am looking for it as anxiously as you. I love you an awful, awful lot.

All yours, always,

Wallace




No comments: