Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Monday, September 26, 2022

March 7, 1945 Wednesday

[V-Mail]

Hello my wonderful Marjorie,

I’m afraid that big letter won’t be tonight or tomorrow. Had to work until 10:30 tonite and have a big day scheduled for tomorrow, too. I have looked ruefully at the pile of souvenirs I have and wondered how I could send them.

However, that is not what I really want to talk about. I always fritter away my time writing trivial things, when actually I am trying to find a way to say how awfully much I miss you and want you without hurting both of our “morales.” But I do miss you, Honey – it’s like a knife in your chest and thinking about it is like turning the blade around a little. Not all the time, because you can “think” in some hope and that helps. But when the thought of being apart first creeps into your mind unrationalized and naturally, it is pretty “rough.” Well, that’s the truth of the matter, anyway, and even loving ‘til it hurts is a thing I’m very thankful for. 

Yours,

Wallace



No comments: