Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Thursday, August 22, 2019

January 26, 1945 Friday

[V-Mail]

France
Dear Honey-

Just an additional line today to say that after roaming the Americas and Europe I have found that the place I want to be most is home with my wife. Where is my home? Wherever my wife is. The U.S. Army has done very well to supply me with a complete, comfortable bed and a warm room. They take good care of the body. All I need now is you, and I would soon be in perfect shape mentally and physically. Yes, it would be wonderful to be able to be with you now, to love you and sleep with you in that complete rest we have only when we are together. Until we can have that, I take rest from the thought of you and the dreams we have to live when we are together again. 

All my love,

Wallace.

No comments: