Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain

Wallace's Tent on Salisbury Plain
Writing a letter with candle on clipboard, see Oct. 16 letter

Monday, June 21, 2021

February 19, 1945 Monday


[V-Mail]

France

21st General


Dearest Marjorie,


Have just returned from a 3-day trip up to division to be a witness. It was a fine trip, and I got to see the company and my friends all over the division. Everybody was swell to me and it seemed great to talk things over once more. I do not know, of course, how the trial came out. I felt so good on the trip that when I came back I went to see the officials about leaving this place. They seemed to think it could be arranged, so I will probably be on my way to a replacement depot tomorrow. Have to go there before I can return to the unit for good. 

Have received beaucoups of letters from you in the last four days, and, Honey, they are so wonderful. You understand exactly how I feel and write it just right. Your letters are the high points in my days, and your sympathies and faith make me love you always more and more. I can’t say enough, you are the best wife in all the world!! Gee, I love you,

Wallace

No comments: